Where's My T-R-U-C-K? is a delightful picture book. In it, a young boy is in a pretty bad mood because he can't find his favorite toy...a t.r.u.c.k. His family tries the art of distraction to no avail. Students who read the pictures may figure out what happened to it long before the author tells us.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- C: Predict what will happen, use text to confirm
- C: Infer and support with evidence
- A: Use the pictures...Do the words and pictures match?
- A: Cross Checking...Do the pictures and/or words look right? Does it sound right? Does it make sense?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text