Alphabet books are among my favorite books to collect, and I get really excited when I find a new one that is a "must have" like this one is. It is simple, beautiful, thought provoking book, and might spark conversations and inspire writers in your classroom.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Determine and analyze author's purpose and support with text.
- C: Infer and support with evidence.
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm.
- A: Use the pictures . . . Do the words and pictures match?
- A: Look carefully at the letters and words.
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in my speaking and writing.
- E: Use prior knowledge and context to predict and confirm meaning.