By Crystal M. Pelletier
In Those Darn Squirrels!, Old Man Fookwire loves painting the birds in his backyard. Find out what happens when the squirrels move in and start taking over. Will Old Man Fookwire ever get to enjoy the view outside his window or see the birds again?
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm.
- C: Make a picture or mental image.
- A: Use pictures; do the words and pictures match?
- A: Skip the word, then come back.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.
- E: Use pictures, illustrations, and diagrams.