Nerdy Birdy just wants to hang out with the cool birds. He finds some birds that are just like him, but is that really what friendship is about, or is there something more important?
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Determine and analyze author’s purpose and support with text.
- C: Infer and support with evidence.
- A: Use the pictures . . . Do the words and the pictures match?
- A: Cross checking . . . Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.).
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.
- E: Use prior knowledge and context to predict and confirm meaning.