By Kelly Kurtz
As Pete the Cat takes a walk in his new white shoes he steps in strawberries, blueberries, and mud. He is not bothered when his shoes change color, but continues on with a positive attitude, singing his song.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Check for understanding.
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm.
- A: Cross checking.
- A: Abundant easy reading.
- F: Reread text.
- F: Practice common sight words and high-frequency words.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.