Meet the indomitable Muddy Waters, the legendary blues musician who lived life his way and made music to match, music that became the foundation for what would become rock and roll.
Strategy Instruction Possibilities (pick and choose discerningly, based on the students you have right now):
- Use prior knowledge to predict and connect with text.
- Check for understanding; monitor and self-correct.
- Ask questions throughout the reading process.
- Infer and support with evidence.
- Analyze how visual elements integrate and contribute to the meaning of text.
- Flip the sound, and cross-check.
- Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- Use prior knowledge and context clues.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission.