Miss Rumphius tells the story of a wonderful lady who had many adventures. She traveled to faraway places, lived by the sea, and made the world a more beautiful place. What do you think she did to make the world more beautiful? Read her story to find out.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Recognize literary elements.
- C: Infer and support with evidence.
- C: Recognize and explain cause and effect relationships.
- C: Compare and contrast within and between texts.
- A: Skip the word and then come back.
- A: Chunk letters and sounds together.
- F: Read the text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling.
- F: Reread text.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.
- E: Use word parts to determine the meaning of words.