Insatiable curiosity characterized Grace Hopper's amazing life. She loved math and science and applied them to solve all sorts of problems, especially when it came to computers. If you’ve ever wondered where we got the term computer bug, you’ll want to read this book.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Ask questions throughout the reading process.
- C: Recognize and explain cause-and-effect relationships.
- C: Check for understanding.
- A: Cross checking . . . Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- F: Reread text.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.