The Daily 5 classroom management framework allows you to use your knowledge as a teacher while building a guiding/mentoring relationship with each student.
The Daily CAFE website has x charts, guides, and resources for launching The Daily 5—whether it’s your first year or your 21st.
Use the following links to gain understanding and direction for establishing The Daily 5 routine in your classroom. These resources are a fraction of what’s available to support you from pre-planning all the way through the end of the 2016/2017 school year. And the next one after that…
- Advice for Beginners (F)
- 10 Steps to Teaching and Learning Independence (F)
- Quick Start Guide 1—Read to Self (M)
- Launching Chart for Read to Self (M)
- Helping Children Choose Good-Fit Books (F)
- Five Levels of Support for Barometer Children (M)
Each of the sections listed below has multiple resources!
Videos and Quick Start Guides are available to members of The Daily CAFE. Many resources are available for all.
- Launching Lessons. Steps that lead to successful introduction of the Daily 5 and new tasks.
- 10 Steps to Independence. How to introduce and reach the 10 Steps to Independence, the heart and soul of the Daily 5.
- Quick Start Guides. While the Guides are members-only, there are many article links from this page to feed your understanding.
- Integrated Launch. Resources for starting Daily 5 and CAFE at the same time.
- Foundations. Support, tips, and tricks for managing behavior, including choice-making.
- Research and Rationale. White paper, articles, and brief classroom observation videos.