Chrysanthemum has always loved her name. She loves the way it looks and the way it sounds. But what will happen when she starts school? Will she still love her name?
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Make a picture or mental image.
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm.
- A: Use the pictures... Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.)
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.