Beth is beginning to teach her class the headings on the CAFE Menu: Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, and Expand Vocabulary. This lesson introducing the goals is used throughout the year to review when needed.
Watch and Listen:
- Beth Lawson teaches her students kinesthetic motions for the meaning of each heading. Is this something you will teach your students?
- What value do you see in teaching students the goals and the meaning of each goal?
- What adaptations, if any, would you make to teach this lesson to your students?
- When might you review this with your class?
CAFE Essential Elements:
- Teach—6.1 Introduce classroom CAFE Menu to students
- Teach—6.2 Classroom CAFE Menu as an instructional tool