Stunning illustrations bring this poem to life....
The wizard, watchful, waits alone
within his tower of cold gray stone
and ponders in his wicked way
what evil deeds he'll do this day.
This is a great selection for older students! The vocabulary is exquisite!
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Check for understanding
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- A: Skip the word and then come back
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary