By Amie Crawford
In The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, we get to hear the familiar tale from the wolf's perspective. The wolf claims that he was trying to get a cup of sugar for a birthday cake for his sweet old granny when the three little pigs were rude to him. He sneezed and accidentally blew the first two pigs' houses down.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm.
- C:Recognize literary elements (genre, plot, character, setting, problem/resolution, theme).
- C:Compare and contrast within and between text.
- A: Skip the word, then come back.
- A: Cross checking...Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.).
- E: Voracious reading.
- E: Use prior knowledge and context to predict and confirm meaning.