Comparing ourselves to others usually leads to dissatisfaction. Spoon learns to celebrate what makes him unique in this clever book that is perfect for helping estabish community in classrooms.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- C: Summarize text; include sequence of main events
- C: Determine and analyze author's purpose and support with text
- C: Recognize literary elements (genre, plot, character, setting, problem/resolution, theme)
- A: Look carefully at letters and words
- A: Cross Checking...Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- A: Flip the sound
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing