When Mama and brother go out to work in the field, they have to leave Precious home alone due to her stomachache. She is left with a stern warning to not let anyone or anything in the house (because it might be Pruella the BooHag). Precious heeds the warning throughout this deliciously suspenseful book, Precious and the Boo Hag.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm
- C: Infer and support with evidence
- A: Chunk letters and sounds together
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing