In Planting the Wild Garden, readers discover that farmers and gardeners play a very small part in creating the beauty around us. Nature is always at work in mysterious and wonderful ways. Soft illustrations and lyrical text, including onomatopoeia, will make this book a treasure to pour over again and again.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- C: Ask questions throughout the reading process
- C: Recognize and explain cause and effect relationships
- A: Use the pictures...Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing