Classroom teacher, Miss Nelson, has had it with misbehaving, disrespectful students. Having a guest teacher, Miss Viola Swamp, fill in for her was a clever choice to curb student misbehavior! Students quickly realize just how good they had it with Miss Nelson.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Make and adjust predictions; Use text to confirm.
- C: Infer and support with evidence.
- A: Use the pictures... do the words and pictures match?
- A: Skip the word, then come back.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- F: Voracious reading.
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling.
- E: Use word parts to determine the meaning of words.
- E: Use dictionaries, thesauruses, and glossaries as tools.