By Tanya Braybrook
In Mummy Math: An Adventure in Geometry, two children join their scientist parents in Egypt as they search for the mummy of an ancient pharaoh. They learn about geometric solids and their attributes as they get closer to their goal.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Predict what will happen; use text to confirm.
- A: Blend sounds; stretch and reread.
- A: Flip the sound.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- F: Adjust and apply reading rates to match text.
- E: Tune in to interesting words.
- E: Use pictures, illustrations, and diagrams.