By Ashley Zucosky
A boy named Nicki loses one of his mittens in the snow. One by one, animals climb inside the warm, cozy mitten. The Mitten stretches as new woodland animals climb in. Suddenly, the bear sneezes sending all of the animals and the mitten flying into the air. Will Nicki ever see his mitten again?
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Predict what will happen. Use text to confirm.
- C: Make a picture or mental image.
- C: Retell the story.
- A: Use the pictures. Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.