In Mine!, two selfish mice battle for ownership of the same “rock” in this nearly wordless picture book. Young readers will enjoy reading the funny pictures and will have ample opportunities to attend to the punctuation as they read “Mine.” “Mine?” and “Mine!”
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Check for understanding.
- C: Make and adjust predictions.
- C: Recognize and explain cause-and-effect relationships.
- A: Recognize words at sight.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.).
- E: Voracious reading.