In Little Rooster's Diamond Button by Margaret Read MacDonald, a colorful rooster has a magic stomach which gets him out of many a sticky predicament. It has great potential for expanding vocabulary, especially for discovering synonyms for "angry". Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Check for Understanding
- C: Make and adjust predictions, use text to confirm
- A: Use the picture...Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in my speaking and writing