By Katie Stephens
In Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse, Lilly LOVES school and her teacher, Mr. Slinger. One day, Lilly comes to school with a new purple plastic purse for sharing time. She is so excited to share that she can't wait and gets into a little trouble with Mr. Slinger.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Check for understanding.
- C: Predict what will happen; use text to confirm.
- A: Use beginning and ending sounds.
- A: Cross-check. Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.