Friends, homemade forts, imagination, and book inspired adventure; Peter Bently's words and Helen Oxenbury's illustrations make King Jack and the Dragon a treasure of a book.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- C: Infer and support with evidence
- C: Ask questions throughout the reading process
- A: Use the pictures...Do the words and pictures match?
- A: Flip the sound (the k in Knights)
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing
- E: Use prior knowledge and context to predict and confirm meaning