By Kimberly Young
The book King Bidgood's in the Bathtub is about a king who refuses to leave the tub even though members of his court ply their skills to persuade him to get out. In the end, the solution is easier than anyone could have guessed.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Make and adjust predictions. Use text to confirm.
- C: Make a mental picture or image.
- A: Chunk letters and sounds together.
- F: Read the text as the author would say it, conveying meaning or feeling.
- E: Use pictures, illustrations, and diagrams.
- E: Use dictionaries, thesauruses, and glossaries as tools.