Teach your students to begin, persevere, and finish a writing piece, using our system, and they will not only become independent with their writing, they will see themselves as writers.
30 days of access
Get the knowledge and tools to successfully teach students to be indepedent in their writing.
Provide them problem solving tools to use while independent writing.
Give them the skills they need to be successful writers.
While your students are independently writing (and not raising their hands inquiring about how to spell a word) you will have time for individual and small group instruction.
Your students will think of themselves as writers, and be able to apply that throughout their daily life!
In this course we will:
- provide step by step instructions on how to successfully implement the system with your students
- share the system we use to teach students the behaviors of an independent writer
- see real life application in a classroom
- share tips for success on building stamina with all children (even those who build stamina differently), creating engaged writers, and helping students know what to write about.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- have the knowledge and tools to successfully teach students to be independent writers
- maximize student time spent independent writing
- have more time to spend conferring one-on-one and in small groups
How long will I have access to the course?
Who is the presenter?
Gail Boushey, co-creator of Daily 5 and CAFE, co-author of the Daily 5 and CAFE Books, and co-owner of The Daily CAFE company. Find her complete biography here.
How much does the course cost?
$50. Daily CAFE All Access Members receive 10% off. (Use the code found on your membership account page)
Can I pay with a purchase order?
Yes. You may upload your purchase order on the registration page. A $10 service charge is added to each ticket.
What do I need to get started?
- A device connected to the internet.
- A printer to print the valuable resources provided.
- A pen to take notes! (You will want to capture it all!)
What format is the course?
The course contains seven educational videos ranging from 3 to 22 minutes with a guidebook to follow along and downloadable resources to support your learning.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
That totally depends on you! You can stop the videos along the way to record your thoughts, rewind to hear content again, or replay sections if you want.
What is included?
- Access to the course content, led by Gail Boushey, for 30 days.
- A printable guidebook to support you as you learn.
- An online platform to share ideas and questions with classmates.
What grade level of students are best served by this course?
The information provided in this course is applicable in PK-6. Teachers may make slight adjustments according to student needs and development. The system we use to teach routines is the same for all.