“I want what every teacher wants: effective teaching methods that can adapt as things change, and to lead our children to a lifetime of learning.” —Gail Boushey
In search of a new way to engage students in their classrooms and create independent learners, the company founders devised a research based structure called The Daily 5. The CAFE system soon followed to meet the diverse needs of learners. Based on literacy learning and motivation research they practiced and refined the system and structure over years in their classrooms. They began sharing their success with teachers locally at first, and then globally to help all teachers and students thrive.
From these beginnings, The 2 Sisters Company/Educational Design LLC was founded. Co-founder Gail Boushey and The 2 Sisters team continue the mission to empower and teach educators to improve student learning by
- hosting Daily 5 + Math Daily 3 and CAFE Workshops across the United States;
- developing and growing content on The Daily CAFE and ConferringNotebook websites;
- writing and sharing the Tip of the Week newsletter via email each week;
- creating Online Seminars to provide access wherever you are;
- collaborating with Upper Iowa University to a provide graduate level course and credit; and
- providing trainings for teachers at state and national conferences.
The team works diligently to provide you with what you need when you need it.