Students that spend more time reading become better readers.
Get more time to work one-on-one and in small groups.
Maximize student time spent reading.
Build Lifelong Readers
Learn a proven system to explicitly teach students to be independent readers so that students maximize their time spent reading, and you can focus on conferring one-on-one and in small groups.
Give them the gift they can use and enjoy forever.
In this course we will:
- share the system we use to teach students to be independent readers
- provide step by step instructions on how to successfully implement the system with your students
- review the research regarding why independent reading time is so important
- provide you video lessons to share with students and printables to support your teaching—everything you need to get started!
Upon completion of the course you will:
- have the knowledge and tools to successfully teach students to be independent readers
- maximize student time spent independent reading, and
- have more time to spend conferring one-on-one and in small groups!
How long will I have access to the course?
Who is the presenter?
Gail Boushey, co-creator of Daily 5 and CAFE, co-author of the Daily 5 and CAFE Books, and co-owner of The Daily CAFE company. Find her complete biography here.
How much does the course cost?
$50. Daily CAFE All Access Members receive 10% off. (Use the code found on your membership account page)
Can I pay with a purchase order?
Yes. You may upload your purchase order on the registration page. A $10 service charge is added to each ticket.
What do I need to get started?
- A device connected to the internet.
- A printer to print the valuable resources provided.
- A pen to take notes! (You will want to capture it all!)
What format is the course?
The course contains seven educational videos ranging from 3 to 22 minutes with a guidebook to follow along and downloadable resources to support your learning.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
That totally depends on you! You can stop the videos along the way to record your thoughts, rewind to hear content again, or replay sections if you want.
What is included?
- Access to the course content, led by Gail Boushey, for 30 days.
- A printable guidebook to support you as you learn.
- An online platform to share ideas and questions with classmates.
What grade level of students are best served by this course?
The information provided in this course is applicable in PK-6. Teachers may make slight adjustments according to student needs and development. The system we use to teach routines is the same for all.