By Gini Brown
Albert is a young hippo who loves to hug his friends in Huggapotamus. The problem is that he has trouble finding the right time to show his friends how much he cares. Albert has a few goof-ups and now he is left with no one to play with. Will Albert ever figure out how to show his friends he cares?
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Recognize parts of a story (genre, character, setting, problem/solution).
- C: Notice cause-effect relationships.
- A: Look for word parts.
- F: Use punctuation to help with expression.
- F: Read the text as the author would say it, conveying meaning or feeling.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.