Get the knowledge and tools to build the routine of conferring into your day.
Learn an organized system for keeping track of your conferring sessions.
Provide brief and focused support to students.
In this course you will learn:
- the importance of conferring
- two ways to keep track of student goals and progress
- how to keep conferences brief
- the elements of both a behavior conference and an informative quick check, and the purpose of each
Upon completion of this course you will:
have the knowledge and skills to confer on behavior and perform quick check conferences
be able to build the routine of conferring into your day to day schedule so that you can make progress towards goal setting conferences!
How long will I have access to the course?
Who is the presenter?
Gail Boushey, co-creator of Daily 5 and CAFE, co-author of the Daily 5 and CAFE Books, and co-owner of Teach Daily. Find her complete biography here.
How much does the course cost?
$50. Daily CAFE All Access Members receive 10% off. (Use the code found on your membership account page)
Can I pay with a purchase order?
Yes. You may upload your purchase order on the registration page. A $10 service charge is added to each ticket.
What do I need to get started?
- A device connected to the internet.
- A printer to print the valuable resources provided.
- A pen to take notes! (You will want to capture it all!)
What format is the course?
The course contains nine educational videos (approximately 1 hour) with a guidebook to follow along to support your learning.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
That totally depends on you! You can stop the videos along the way to record your thoughts, rewind to hear content again, or replay sections if you want.
What is included?
- Access to the course content, led by Gail Boushey, for 30 days.
- A printable guidebook to support you as you learn.
- An online platform to share ideas and questions with classmates.
What grade level of students are best served by this course?
The information provided in this course is applicable in PK-6. Teachers may make slight adjustments according to student needs and development. The system we use to teach routines is the same for all.
Getting Started with Conferring