First the Egg, then the chicken. First the tadpole, then the frog. Thus begins a simple look into transformations, starting with those in nature and ending with our own when using words and art. Perfect for a short, focused lesson in grades K and 1.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm
- A: Look carefully at letters and words
- A: Cross Checking...Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- F: Practice common sight words and high-frequency words
- E: Voracious reading