By Sarah Pawlowski
A magnificent summer was in the works until Jeremy Ross moved into the neighborhood and became Enemy Number One. Fortunately, Dad has a perfect strategy for getting rid of an enemy—make Enemy Pie. It works in a surprising way.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Infer and support with evidence.
- A: Trade a word/Guess a word that makes sense.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- F: Read the text as the author would say it, conveying meaning or feeling.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.