By Carmen Zeisler
Dreamers by Yuyi Morales is the true story of the author and her son and how books and the library helped them as they immigrated to the United States of America.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with a text.
- C: Ask questions throughout the reading process.
- A: Chunk letters and sounds together
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying the meaning or feeling.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.
- E: Ask someone to define the word for you.
This text can be used with nearly any strategy on the CAFE Menu. The above strategies are a highlighted collection to use as a springboard for further instruction.