Gail uses a simple text with Brayden to model and explain the comprehension strategy Recognize and Explain Cause-and-Effect Relationships. Brayden is engaged, adding his own thinking and deeper meaning, which is a goal for each of our students.
Listen and Watch
- As the conference closes, Gail anchors the strategy to the goal of comprehension and shares that we use this strategy to deepen our understanding of what we are reading.
- What evidence do you see that shows Brayden understands the strategy?
- What Touch Point would you give Brayden at the end of this video?
- Gail leaves Brayden with an assignment: to look for examples of cause and effect in his own reading and contemplate how it helps with his understanding.
- What would your next steps be with Brayden?
CAFE Essential Elements
- 2.2 Instructional Protocol
- 2.3 Instructional Practices
- 2.4 Cognitive Process