Lit Lesson by Ashley Olson-Marquette
The Most Magnificent Thing is about a girl who wants to make something magnificent. She has an idea and a picture in her mind of how she wants it to turn out, but no matter what she does, it just doesn’t look or work how she envisioned. This is a charming look at perseverance and its rewards.
Possible strategy instruction:
- Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- Ask questions throughout the reading process.
- Retell the story.
- Use the pictures.
- Use beginning and ending sounds.
- Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.