Ruby the Copycat is about Ruby, a young girl who is new to class. She befriends another girl, Angela. Ruby admires Angela so much that she begins to copy her. Find out what happens when Ruby begins to copy Angela a little too much. Will they remain friends? Will Ruby be able to express who she is?
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Check for understanding.
- C: Back up and reread.
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- A: Cross checking. Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.).
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.