Exit slips are a quick and effective way to check on student understanding and progress. They also help us guide and tailor follow-up instruction. Karen Shannon explains how she organizes and uses exit slips in her classroom.
Listen and Watch
- Karen explains how she organizes the exit slips. What in her discussion resonates with you? Why?
- Listen as Karen explains the number system.
- What value does Karen achieve through this system? How do you know?
- Would you use the same organizational system? What might you change and why?
- What value would you gain by implementing an exit slip system?
- What would be the value to your students?
8.1 Identify needs of students based on assessments and determine an instructional setting
8.6 Monitor progress
8.7 Modify instruction as needed