Karen Shannon shares two math writing options that reinforce the learning from the previous lesson.
Listen and Watch
- The two options Karen presents each day to the students are called Problem of the Day and Number of the Day. Notice where she gets the ideas for these options.
- Karen explains how math writing becomes a quick assessment for teaching and learning.
- What math writing options exist now in your class?
- What value do you see in using these two options with your students?
- Karen gets her ideas from her curriculum. Where might you get the ideas for math writing?
2.1 Student task choice is goal driven
2.3 Differentiate tasks according to students’ needs