By Sandee Popiel
In Harry the Dirty Dog, we meet Harry, a lovable family dog who loves to run and play but hates baths. One day Harry decides to hide the scrub brush and run away from home. After exploring the city and getting very dirty, Harry returns home, only to realize his family doesn't recognize him.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Recognize literary elements.
- C: Recognize and explain cause and effect relationships.
- C: Make a picture or mental image.
- C: Predict what will happen, use text to confirm.
- A: Flip the sound.
- A: Skip the word, then come back.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.