In Flight School, a bird with the soul of an eagle but the body of a penguin wants to soar. How can this possibly have a happy ending? You'll see.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Make and adjust predictions; use text to confirm.
- C: Infer and support with evidence.
- C: Recognize literary elements (genre, plot, character, setting problem/resolution, theme).
- A: Cross Checking. Do the pictures and/or words look right? Do they sound right? Do they make sense?
- A: Use the pictures. Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.)
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new words in speaking and writing (undeniable, brokenhearted, technical).