Edward the Emu resides at the zoo but is not content with his boring life. After switching places with a friend or two, Edward realizes being an emu wasn't all that bad. He returns to his cage to find a surprise.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Check for understanding.
- A: Use the pictures. Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- E: Voracious reading
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary words in speaking and writing.