By Kellie Maurin
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! begins when the narrator asks the reader to make sure a pigeon goes to bed on time. The pigeon tries everything to persuade the reader to let him stay up late.
Possible strategy instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Determine and analyze author's purpose; support with text.
- A: Trade a word/guess a word that makes sense.
- F: Read text as the author would say it, conveying meaning or feeling.
- F: Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.).
- E: Read voraciously.