Get the tools you need to support teachers using Daily 5 and CAFE.
Join a community of teacher leaders to study, collaborate, and build capacity on the theory and brain research underlying the Daily 5 structure and CAFE literacy system of assessment and instruction.
This 12-week intensive online seminar presents the why and how of Daily 5 and CAFE, along with effective coaching strategies to support instructional leaders as they transfer their learning to the educators they work with daily.
- Build individual knowledge and expertise of the Daily 5 structure and CAFE literacy system
- Gain confidence to coach teachers on their Daily 5 and CAFE practice
- Exclusive opportunities to converse with other coaches through an online discussion board
- Receive live feedback straight from The Daily CAFE team on your coaching
*This is not a trainer of trainers. This course is for instructional coaches to learn how to lead their staff towards successful implementation of Daily 5 and CAFE.
- 12 weeks of online content including:
- assignments, and
- live online coaching sessions.
- Five professional textbooks
- One-year All Access membership to The Daily CAFE website
- One-year membership to The CCPensieve website
Schedule and Curriculum
Week 1—Introduction and theory
Week 2—Coaching and working with teachers
Week 3—Daily 5 theory
Week 4—Daily 5 tasks, 10 Steps to Independence
Week 5—Choice, Behavior Strategies
Week 6—Gradual Release: Coaching Daily 5
Week 7—CAFE Theory
Week 8—CAFE Menu, Conferring Notebook
Week 9—Setting goals, Conferring
Week 10—Whole and small group instruction
Week 11—Gradual Release: Coaching CAFE
Week 12—Curriculum/standards, Goal setting, Next Steps
We are excited to offer a pathway for coaches to expand their Daily 5 and CAFE knowledge, grow in their craft, and collaborate with colleagues to improve student achievement.Gail Boushey