Is music playing in the background as your students work? Janet shares her observation that music can drown out the background noise of a classroom, enabling people to focus on what they are doing. When she is conferring with a student, the conversation stays between her and the child.
What to listen for:
- Listen to the difference as Gail and Janet turn the music on and off. It’s a difference we can hear and feel.
- Janet explains her reasons for playing music in her room. See if you agree and if you would add others.
- Do you play music in your room? Why or why not?
- What may be keeping you from playing music during student work time?
- What music do you play? Consider going to the Discussion Board and sharing your favorite music titles.