This book was written by a lawyer and politician who, like her mother and grandmother before her, actively advocates for women’s rights. While reading this book, readers will learn about 10 women who fought so that all women would have the right to be heard.
Strategy Instruction Possibilities
- Set Purpose for Reading
- Use Prior Knowledge to Predict and Connect with Text
- Compare and Contrast Within and Between Texts
- Determine and Analyze Author's Purpose and Support with Text
- Use Prior Knowledge and Context Clues
- Use Reference Tools Such as Dictionaries, Thesauruses, and Glossaries