Online, self-guided sessions for passionate educators who want to build a classroom culture of independence, engagement, and success.
Your time. Your space. Your agenda.
Sessions begin monthly.
All participants of the Fundamental Seminars will receive:
- Three-month All-Access membership or extension to The Daily CAFE website.
- An opportunity to collaborate with teachers from around the world through an online discussion board dedicated to your seminar.
- Responses to your individual questions from Allison Behne, Jessica Hellberg, or Gail Boushey.
All participants of the Essential Elements Seminars have these opportunities to maximize their learning:
- Collaborate with teachers from around the world through a seminar-exclusive online discussion board.
- Have your individual questions answered by a member of The 2 Sisters Team.
What Will I Learn?
Daily 5 Literacy Framework
- foundational elements and brain research associated with Daily 5
- strategies to build stamina and independence with all students.
LEARN HOW TO
- structure literacy time so students work independently and productively while you deliver instruction in small groups and one-on-one.
- apply the framework to your classroom.
- launch each task: Read to Self, Work on Writing, Read to Someone, Listen to Reading, and Word Work.
- support students that have a difficult time building independence and stamina.
CAFE Literacy System
- a system that delivers focused, intentional, just-in-time instruction.
LEARN HOW TO
- identify individual student needs through assessment.
- determine goals and instructional plans to meet student needs.
- implement a system to monitor instructional steps and student progress.
- differentiate via whole-group, small-group, and one-on-one lessons.
- accelerate progress by applying a menu of strategies for mastering literacy: Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, and Expanding Vocabulary.
- partner with students to build independence, and increase engagement.
Math Daily 3 Literacy System
- the underlying brain research and learning motivators associated with Math Daily 3.
LEARN HOW TO
- Launch Math Daily 3 tasks (Math by Myself, Math Writing, and Math with Someone)
- apply Math Daily 3 to YOUR curriculum.
- use the gradual-release process for introducing new concepts.
- build engagement through choice.
- Provide students the time they need to practice authentic tasks that lead to understanding and application of mathematics concepts.
- how to enhance the design of your classroom for optimal learning.
- why a shift from traditional classroom design is important;
- essential elements of classroom design; and
- how to make the most of each area in your classroom, tailoring it to your style and your students’ learning needs.
- new techniques and skills to reduce off-task behaviors while increasing opportunities for active engagement in learning.
- how to build behaviors of engagement in your students;
- how to discern the causes of off-task behaviors; and
- get tips and supports for teaching students to be self-aware.