I was excited to discover this new book-sharing app and think it will be just the thing to keep your K–2 students reading all summer long. Consider sending the link home to families before the end of the school year.
What is Rivet? It’s a fun, easy, child-friendly reading app. Things you’ll like:
- More than 2,000 leveled books are available.
- A timer helps students build and keep track of stamina.
- In-app support provides an opportunity to hear and say unknown words.
- Readers are encouraged to reflect at the end of each book by rating, reviewing, and saving favorites.
- Users can search by category or keyword (or return to favorites).
- You can read alone or follow along.
I introduced it to the six-year-old in my life. After doing one story on my lap with minimum guidance, he asked if he could keep going, moved to a comfy spot, and read for 35 minutes. He really liked the book selection, and the fun rating system at the end kept him going.
Easy access to books might be just the thing to prevent the summer slide for the youngsters in your life. And it’s free!