This Quick Start Guide will help you learn what you need to know to get Word Work up and running smoothly.
1. Review Downloads
Print and review the following downloads. We follow the same procedure when launching Word Work that we do when launching Read to Self.
2. Preteach Word-Work Skills
Before launching Word Work, we teach the skills listed in the The First 5 Days of Preteaching Skills.
4. Word Work
The following videos and articles will introduce you to all the special elements of Word Work.
- Launching in fourth grade
- Continuing a launch in kindergarten
- Word Work with a small group
- This is how we teach students in a K?2 multiage room what words to practice during Word Work.
- Joan takes us on a tour of the Word Work materials in her classroom.
- Which words do students use?
- Different ways to practice words
- Word Work stages and accountability
- Managing materials
- Two ideas for early readers