Use structure and choice strategically.
Students who choose books in tune with their interests and ability make real progress.
Spend 10 minutes watching a teacher lead her students in a discussion about why and how to choose books that are a good fit.
The Daily 5 classroom management framework for teaching literacy and independent learning behavior
The CAFE Literacy System as a method of instruction, a system for organizing data, and a menu that serves as a visual aid for students
Math Daily 3 classroom management framework that gives students hands-on opportunities to explore math concepts
Live and Online Training
LIVE Behavior Strategies Workshops: Create engaged learners and reduce behavior challenges.
ONLINE Quick Start: prepare and launch Daily 5 and CAFE. Limited-time offering!
Daily 5 Research
Daily 5 is a simple but powerful structure that
- enables teachers to spend less time on classroom management and more time teaching;
- helps students develop independence, stamina, and accountability;
- provides students with an abundant amount of time for practicing reading, writing, and math;
- increases the amount of time teachers spend with students one-on-one and in small groups; and
- improves schoolwide achievement and success in literacy and math.
A wealth of resources in the form of articles, lesson plans, activities, and videos will help you launch and sustain this simple yet powerful structure in your own classroom. Discover, like so many teachers around the world have, that you can move from a harried classroom toward a relaxed one that hums with productive and engaged learners.
Sign up now for FREE membership to The Daily CAFE at the Entry level. You choose up to three resources each month, including videos and other premium content.
Click on any of these articles about good-fit books and Daily 5 to get started!