In November By Cynthia Rylant
By Lori Sabo
In November combines lovely illustrations by Jill Kastner with beautiful poetic text by Cynthia Rylant. "In November, the trees are standing all sticks and bones. Without their leaves, how lovely they are, spreading their arms like dancers. They know it is time to be still." Did you sigh a little? We did.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use prior knowledge to connect with text.
- C: Make a picture or mental image.
- C: Ask questions throughout the reading process.
- A: Use the picture...Do the words and pictures match?
- F: Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text.
- E: Tune in to interesting words and use new vocabulary in my speaking and writing.