Children Make Terrible Pets By Peter Brown
By Lori Sabo
In this twisted tale entitled Children Make Terrible Pets, a bear brings a boy home, asking "Can I keep him?" Amusement for the reader will ensue because the child, newly named Squeaker, doesn't really make a good pet and should be returned to his rightful habitat.
Possible Strategy Instruction:
- C: Use Prior knowledge to connect with text
- C: Make and adjust predictions, use text to confirm
- C: Determine and analyze author's purpose and support with text
- C: Recognize literary elements (genre, plot, character, setting, problem/resolution)
- A: Cross Checking...Do the pictures and/or words look right? Does it sound right? Does it make sense?
Explore across other Topics on the siteMind Your Manners, B.B. Wolf by Judy Sierra That Book Woman by Heather Henson African Acrostics; A Word In Edgeways By Avis Harley